We bought miss Emma (on left) last fall against my better judgement (she's out of a first calf heifer) she now weighs 700 pounds and still has 2 1/2 months to grow before breeding season, pictured with her is a buelingo steer we're finishing and 2 heifers that weigh over 1,000 pounds and are going to calve any day. We have a chance now to buy Emma's mom as well so we're crunching the numbers🐴🐮 #herefordadvantage#hereford#beef#cows#2ndcrophay#country_features
Do you call for take-out or make your own at home? Going to put @recipe_tin Crispy, Sticky Mongolian Beef to the test this week. ・・・
🎥By @recipe_tin - - -
Everyone loves crispy beef, and this is coated in a sticky sweet sauce that will have licking your lips! The perfect takeout replica! N x 😘
Crispy, Sticky Mongolian Beef | Serves 2 – 3 with rice
Beef and Marinade:
8oz/250g steak sliced into ⅕"/3mm slices
1 tsp soy sauce + 1 tsp cornstarch/cornflour + 1 tsp veg oil
2 tsp cornflour / cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce (light or all purpose, NOT dark)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry, or more chicken broth
3 tbsp / 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
¼ - 1 ½ cups vegetable oil (more = less turning)
¼ cup cornstarch
½ tsp ginger, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 scallions/shallots, cut into 1½"/4cm pieces
1. Beef: Combine the Beef and Marinade ingredients and marinate for 30 min to 1 hour.
2. Sauce: Mix the cornstarch and water together. Then add the remaining Sauce ingredients.
3. Crispy Beef: Add ¼ cup cornstarch to beef and coat.
4. Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add ½ the beef and cook the first side for around 45 seconds or until golden and crisp. Then flip and cook the other side for 30 - 45 seconds until golden and crisp. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
5. Discard the oil, leaving behind 1 tbsp.
6. Cook ginger and garlic for 15 seconds. Add the Sauce into the wok. Cook for 1½ minutes or until it thickens into a glossy sticky sauce and it coats the beef.
7. Add the beef and scallions, toss to coat and cook for a further 30 seconds.
8. Serve immediately with rice!
🔥Follow #feltonangusbeef and tag us!
〽️Follow @mrsmontanarancher Montana Ranch Life
👨👩👧👧Montana Family Ranch-Raised Beef
✔️Order www.feltonangusbeef.com link in bio