@itaniskova - Karonese called this cook 'ikan mas' but bataknese called it 'arsik'
I loved to eat #ArsikIkanEmas since a little girl, although sometimes I can't handle the spicy taste. At that time I always amaze by how people can cook such nice food that can fulfill the appetite of whole family. I've been trying to cook this food several time and this how I made it:
- Ikan Mas +/- 2 kilos (make sure U cleanse the fish well and cut into 4 or 5 parts)
- Shallot n garlic 1.5 ons each (peel and finely minced)
- Bird eye chili 2 ons (U can add this as needed, finely minced)
- Turmeric 5 cm (finely minced)
- Candlenut 5 (finely minced)
- Andaliman 10-20 grams (finely minced)
- Lemon grass 8 (I put quite many, love the smell 😉, smash it!)
- Galangal 10 cm (smash it!)
- Combrang fruit 10 (smash it!)
- Combrang flower 5 (slice)
- Lime leaves 7 (tear it)
- Koro bean 2.5 ons - Lokio/ Hobo onions 2 ons (shed off the cover and cleanse it well)
- Salt as needed (I use approx. 20 - 30 grams)
Since Ikan Emas very delicate and easily teared, U can not stir while cooking this food. So while cooking this food, just imagine your self play with blocks 😄
Use a big pan, put all the spices as foundation and then layer it with Ikan Emas, after that put the added ingredients in the upper layer.
Add some water into the pan, make sure the water level cover up all the ingredients. Spread the salt in the upper layer of the cook (if later on U find the cooks not salty enough just add some salt again)
Cook with small heat (or fire, whatever U call it 😅) for 3 - 4 hours.
Ready to serve n Enjoy... .
Agar Foto kamu di Post.
Still digging the look of these finger grips. the best part, not one bit of burning to sand out. and while you can't always prevent burning (I'm 👀 at you, 🍒) there are steps you can take to get accurate, clean finger grips that look like this. I'll be sharing how I achieve this in a series of IG videos real soon.
Are you a #cook in #yyc?
Do you want a job where you LOVE to go to work?
Do you want to work somewhere where you feel like family?
Do you love good #food?
@pazzerspub is #hiring. Take it from me. I absolutely loved working there and miss it every day! If moving across Canada had taught me one thing, is that Pazzers we’ll always have a huge place in my heart. If I ever get back there you best believe that I’d wanna work there again. They are my second family. You well love working here. #cooks#jobs#16ave#yyc#calgary#apply#loveyourjob