Toddler dinner tonight is the adapted version of our classic chicken meal from yesterday. For her, we swapped out the mashed potatoes in place of Russian “pickles”. Unlike traditional pickles, they’re not marinated in vinegar, just a low-salt brine. They’re delicious, refreshing, and one of my personal favorite snacks. Here’s the quick recipe for the Russian “pickles”:
🔹 1.5 liters of water
🔹 1/2 tbsp coarse sea salt
🔹 1 lb small cucumbers
🔹 5 cloves garlic
🔹 1 stalk of dill
🔹 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
1️⃣ Place cucumbers, garlic, dill, and pepper into a clean, sealable jar.
2️⃣ Combine water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
3️⃣ When cool, pour salt water into the jar, seal, and let marinate for at least 24 hours. Best served cold, straight from the fridge!
0 040 minutes ago
#AD Make a strawberry dessert bar with our sponsor @Reddiwip to celebrate a quick, romantic moment alone! You can put out a variety of treats along with some strawberries for an easy after-dinner treat. .
Shortcake biscuits, strawberries, chocolate, caramel sauce, Reddi-wip, sprinkles, and crushed candies make for a treat that couples can enjoy together, even if they have slightly different tastes in dessert toppings. Reddi-wip has 15 calories per serving so there's no guilt. .
Small servings and dainty containers make for quick clean-up, too!
A primeira semana escolar por aqui foi curtinha, mas foram 2 deliciosas lancheiras, muito fáceis e rápidas de preparar, que podem servir de inspiração: (1)
👉 Pipoca feita na panela.
👉 Uva cortada no sentido longitudinal.
👉 E para hidratar Água de Coco fresquinha e Natural, direto da fruta.
(2) 👉Santo Cookie Integral de Chocolate.
👉 Nectarina, excelente fruta para ir cortadinha na lancheira.
👉 E para beber Suco de Uva Integral Aurora, sem adição de açúcar, corantes e conservantes!
Uma ótima e produtiva semana para todos nós! 😚
Lunch box wraps.
I've been pretty much in bed for the entire weekend with a virus so I was not at all prepared for school lunches today.
Wraps is what I went for as they are quick and easy and I didn't need to cook anything.
Finely chopped 1/4 of a cabbage, Cut cucumber and celery into sticks.
Use a veggie peeler for some carrot ribbons.
And wrap it all in nori seaweed for a crunchy GF, paleo, vegan wrap
If you want to make it even better I would add some mayo, cream cheese, avocado, egg or even some shredded chicken but I needed to keep things simple today.
I think they are going to be super hungry come school pick up time as there are no good fats or protein in this to keep them sustained. Sometimes it's not possible to make things perfect, they just need to fill a gap and we just have to keep moving forward, right mummas?
I'm hoping to have a smoothie or something ready for them in the car but see how the day goes as I'm still in recovery mode.
Summer is nearly over but hopefully we have a few more weeks left eating fresh mango and soaking up the early morning sun ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ I'm a total winter person but I think my son is the opposite- judging by his love of summer fruits and swimming in the pool.
How does this happen? How do we make little people so different to us?
*** LUNCH PHUNK *** Monday, here we go. Hope you had a fab weekend x
In Master H’s LLBC Bento 5 = wholemeal sandwich with ham, cheese, lettuce, mayo + cucumber + salami + pretzels + savoury cheese muffin + sweet spinach muffin + orange + blueberries + kiwiberries 😋
Frozen yogurt bites are quick to prepare and the kids love them! These heart shaped bites are perfect for a cute Valentine’s snack! 💗
11 2436 days ago
Fun to make and packed with delicious ingredients, these Veggie Pizza Puff Pastry Roll Ups are sure to go down a treat with the whole family! 🍕You can also change up the filling; try ham and cheese or spinach and ricotta. Yum! 😋
* 150g mixed frozen veg
* 320g puff pastry (1 sheet)
* 75g tomato pizza sauce
* 100g grated cheddar cheese
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 200c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Place the frozen veg into a large bowl or jug, cover with boiling water and cook for 1 minute in the microwave. Drain completely and allow it to dry on some kitchen roll to absorb as much water as possible
3. Roll out the pastry and spread the tomato pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle on the cheese and finally add the vegetables.
4. Starting with the shorter side of the pasty, start to roll the pasty up, keeping it as tight and compact as possible. Once it has all rolled up but it into 8 and divide them with the trays.
5. Brush with a little egg wash, sprinkle on the oregano and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Allow the rolls to cool a little before eating so that they keep their shape.
Valentine’s Day Lunch for Kids 😍 💕 This super cute lunch is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little ones cause let’s face it; the chances of flowers, chocolates and a fancy meal are slim to none for most us mums this week 😂 💖
15 3316 days ago
Hace unos días prepare este divertido y fácil desayuno con 2 personitas infinitamente amorosas ( #amordetia) Y tu, con cual de estas tostadas te quedas? 😍
1️⃣🐵: Crema de chocolate, plátano, chips de chocolate y arándanos.
2️⃣🐻: Crema de cacahuete, plátano, y arándanos.
3️⃣🐱: Crema de cacahuete, plátano, arándanos, chips de chocolate y fresas.
4️⃣🐷: Crema de queso, jamón york y chips de chocolate.
5️⃣🐰: Crema de queso, fresas y chips de chocolate.
6️⃣🦉: Crema de cacahuete, plátano y chips de chocolate. .
Breakfast toast ideas. What do you prefer? ♥️
110 129819 hours ago
Banana & Orange Toddler Bites 🍌 🍊 Make these delicious and healthy snacks for kids with just three simple ingredients. Great for toddlers and weaning babies with a few teeth!
* 1 ripe banana
* 40ml / 1/4 cup orange juice
* 75g / 1 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a non stick silicone sheet.
2. Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. Add the orange juice and mix well. Then add the oats and mix together until everything is well combined.
3. Take one tablespoon of the oat mixture, shape into a round cookie shape and place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture. I made 11 bites from this.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. .