Mexican Tortilla Pie❤❤❤
FOLLOW AND LIKE❤ @varietytastelog for more amazing daily updates.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g beef mince
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
415g can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup torn fresh coriander leaves
4 salsa-flavoured tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 large tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Reserve 2 tablespoons onion. Add garlic and remaining onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
2. Add capsicum, corn and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender. Stir in diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Add half the coriander. Season with salt. Stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
3. Place a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan on a baking tray. Place 1 tortilla in base of pan. Spread one-third of the mince mixture over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese, finishing with 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
5. Meanwhile, combine chopped tomato, reserved onion and coriander in a bowl. Serve pie with tomato mixture.
It’s PIE DAY!! The Pie Hole in LA offers my favorite sweet pies and if you’re like me and you can’t choose one, get them ALL!! From perfectly sweet pumpkin to warm and spicy Mexican chocolate pie, this place has it all! I love all the pies here (like their earthy Earl Grey pie) but if pressed, my favorite has to be the gooey and decadent salted caramel pecan pie!! I generally hate pecan pies but marry it with salted caramel and it’s a winner!! Looks like I’ve fallen into the Pie Hole 😊