Guisados Tacos! Unlike tacos anywhere else! // last night Lantz and I were in Echo Park for the Conan show and we needed some fuel beforehand. Guisados was chosen, a Los Angeles classic and we dined in the winter wind with oldies jamming in he background. We talked about metal, gear, and other music projects. He just wrote a Rod Stewart song too! Lol.
I want to eat with you!
This Vietnamese caramel pork has been so popular, and so it should!! It’s absolutely to die for! Using a budget cut of meat, you can make something spectacular (don’t be fooled by how bland it looks when its cooking… it transforms into this sticky sweet deliciousness!!!) – N x ♥️
VIETNAMESE CARAMEL PORK | Serves 4 - 5
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp water
1 kg / 2 lb pork shoulder (butt) or boneless skinless pork belly, cut into 3 cm / 1.2" pieces
1 1/4 cups / 375 ml coconut water
1 eschallot / shallot , very finely sliced
2 garlic cloves , minced
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp white pepper
1. Place sugar and water in a large pot over medium heat. Stir, then when it bubbles and the sugar is melted (it looks like caramel), add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Stir, then adjust the heat so it is simmering fairly energetically. Not rapidly, not a slow simmer (I use medium heat on a weak stove, between medium and low on a strong stove).
3. Stir once or twice while cooking.
4. When the liquid has reduced down and the pork is tender, the fat will separate (see video).
5. Stir and the pork will brown and caramelise in the fat.
6. Once the liquid is all gone and it's now stuck on the pork pieces, it's ready.
7. Serve over rice, garnished with fresh chilli and shallots. Simple pickled vegetables are ideal for a side because the fresh acidity pairs well with the rich pork. .
brussels are best when a little burnt, i can’t be the only one who likes them this way 🤷🏻♀️right??? let’s talk about this combo bc it was so unique!
@alvaradostreetbakery sprouted wheat and oats organic toast, @majesticgarlic sprouted beet hummus, brussel sprouts, feta crumbles and a pinch of @seesalttv fleur de sel..ENJOY your day! #nurturingbodyandmind
You can never be too sure who your companions are nowadays. You know what they say, keep your sides close, but your is sauces closer 😏.
🍽: Hot Wings, Butterfly Shrimp, Garlic Wings, Smothered House Fries, and Fries
☃️: Los Angeles, CA
👇🏼: Now taking comments
58 19452 hours ago
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram