It's a bowl of sunshine ☀️
Pickled carrots, marrows and cucumber salad with mint, radish and dried pear 🍐😁🎉 Pickle the 🥒🥕🥒 in red wine vinegar and brown sugar, be light handed with the vinegar it's strong stuff, alternatively use lemon juice and honey, to your taste
Great as a side dish and main meal just add your protein 😍
I plonked this in front our 10yo and she said "oh a rainbow in a bowl". Fist pump to me - this was oh poo I've left it too late to prepare anything, what can I pull together quickly. Here's what I did:
- a handful of mixed lettuce leaves in bowl, placed to one side
- a couple of spoonfuls of left over quinoa on the other side of the bowl
- cut up some capsicum, cucumber, corn off the cob, avocado, cherry tomatoes and some olives and plopped it on the lettuce - opened small can of tuna, used a fork to break it up & put half on the quinoa (other half went to another bowl for our son)
- I had about 1/2 tin of leftover four bean mix in the fridge so rinsed it, then put half of it on the other part of the quinoa
- sprinkle with lemon juice all over & seasoned with bit of salt & pepper
Abracadabra Magic! Rainbow in a bowl. Filling, nutritious and made in less than 10 minutes.
0 3310:47 AM Jul 29, 2016
Baby greens, roadside tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and miniature basil leaves.
Dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, strawberries (use the strawberries that aren't as firm any more) and salt & pepper